http://bit.ly/SmartDataPortalsYT is the YouTube channel where I publish videos relating to the re-visualisation of images which is such an ‘in your face innovation’.
Here I’m just producing words, screenshots and links to Add Value to Smart Cities.
Making cities ‘smart’ will be most efficiently achieved by using our software to measure and control
- air quality
- energy provision and consumption
- any other data that may be dear to you: climate change, money supply, care for children, the elderly, the unemployed – everything to do with Making IT good for society, as the British Computer Society sets out…
But it takes many more co-creative efforts to make the difference we’re all seeking. The Smart Wallet that Digital Town offers is distinctly the most effective tool – especially once it includes its ‘barter currency’! I know from experience over decades!
Adding Value to Smart Cities –
a Basis for Discussion
1. Software Methods for Big Business and Very Big Science Data
Three proprietary methods could be offered by software companies to give cities a major competitive advantage, with Collaboration Agreements for joint development and promotion:
- Re-Visualising Images is a unique Virtual Measuring Instrument, Process Analytical Technology and Non-Destructive Testing Method – with input images shown in:
- True Colour 3D as a new ‘image re-visualisation style’
When you tilt the image you’ll see Mona Lisa open her eyes before you –
by clicking on http://www.smart-knowledge-portals.uk/projects/177
This image can be moved on
- Layering Multi-Dimensional Time Series along ‘visual z’ is equally unique and unclutters Excel style charts – showing csv files in:
- Visual 3D as a new ‘chart format’.
- Re-Presenting Time Series is part of the disruptive innovation:
- ChronoMetric 3D is a new ‘trend format’ for forecasts with trend periods – a major advantage for structured data over predictive analytics of unstructured data.
200 yellow input points produce 199 forecasts, while the method knows nothing
about ‘curve fitting’.
Having left CERN as a systems analyst and re-visited science, I developed new mathematical concepts and transformations that need to be expressed in code.
I moved from coding to designing and tested the forecasting and layering methods in an offline prototype.
Forecasts were well above average and got me to investigate measuring in more detail – with the result of the image method and 3D Metrics as trade name.
The next step is funding the development to make all three methods available online.
The preparation of data is as important as the coding of software!
That’s why I could do a lot with Excel.
But we can do better!
2. Systems Integration Designs
- Visual Data Operating System© https://prezi.com/p/elvm4urtbg27/
- As Web Design:
- Visual Data Monitor© http://visual-data-monitor.webflow.io/
- Blog about major events I’ve attended:
3. The People
- Sabine K McNeill Mathematician, software designer, conceptualiser, web publisher
- Neil Lowden Developer of “Smart Knowledge Engine” since November 2016:
4. The Significance of the IP
- In terms of mathematics, I joined number theory with geometry and replaced algebra with the symbolism of coding.
- In terms of physics, Visualisation Pixels are the missing link between Digital Bits and Physical Atoms.
- In terms of metrology, Pixel Accuracy replaces uncertainties and probabilities.
- In terms of economics, “Time is Money” can be freshly investigated in ‘ChronoMetric 3D’ for any time series revealing underlying short-, medium- and long-term trends.
- In terms of Artificial Intelligence, our automation is a new expert system that combines the best of humans, the recognition of patterns and change, with the best of machines: number crunching.
5. The Scope of Applications and Markets
- In terms of data science, the emphasis is on combining structured numerical and unstructured verbal data, allowing for new insights and measures in big business and very big science data, to establish new industry standards in the science of materials, of imaging and machine vision, including satellite and telescopic images, besides health and medicine as well as the environment. See my articles about colour, microscopes and microscience.
- A ‘technology translator’ of Knowledge Transfer Networks put these 12 slides together about the cytology and pathology market in the US alone, estimating a multi-billion market – for the image re-visualisation method.
- Financial and energy companies should be interested in the usefulness of the layering and forecasting method for financial data – besides everybody interested in air quality.
- While businesses are searching for the right metrics, 3D Metrics could add considerable value by integrating soft human metrics with hard financial and other statistics into real time monitoring of indices and indicators – company internal and socially responsible.
- Digital Industry Leaders could define ‘reference data’ for ‘reference metrics’ and ‘global rankings’.
- Smart Neighbourhood or Citizens Cafés linked to Digital Town Hall meetings in Smart Cities could bring happiness to world citizens in digitally rich and poor circumstances.