For the strength of humans is the recognition of patterns and of change.
The power of machines is number crunching.
We take the best of both worlds:
- Domain Experts who are familiar with their images, select ‘reference images‘ and examine their re-visualisations;
- Reference Images are representative of ‘standard’ or ‘normal’ conditions;
- Selection Criteria formulate what they are looking for;
- Boundary Conditions set the limits for ‘extreme’ situations;
- Monitoring Operators notice how many images are ‘off limits’;
- Quality can thus be observed over time and controlled by quantitative formulae.
Numerically, the quantifications are carried out in Digital Colour Brightness:
- the digital representation of Light and Colour – as produced by the respective imaging technology.
Metrically, the values need to be associated with a measuring unit pertaining to the image content:
- Domain Experts know what they are looking for and what they would like to compare numerically over time;
- they build their own ontology or choose their terms from existing ones.
© Copyright Sabine K McNeill 1996 – 2017